A trick of a treat for Halloween!2012 October 19 | Words by Samantha Jones |
Spooky Carrot Cupcakes with Scream Cheese Frosting!October 19, 2012
Here at Avago, we’ll use any excuse to liven up our favourite baked treats and we just love these Spooky Cupcakes. Delicious, tasty and perfect for any Halloween festivities that may pop up this season, the easy-to-make recipe will give your friends and family a scrumptious fright all year round.
- 2 cups of sifted Plain Flour
- 2 cups of Caster Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 200 grams cream cheese
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- 600 grams sifted Icing Sugar
- 1 teaspoon good quality vanilla paste or extract
- 1 tablespoon Apricot Jam
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients and oil with carrots. Add one egg at a time and beat mixture well after each egg.
- Line muffin tray with pans of choice. Fill the pans 3/4 of the way to the top and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the tops spring back.
- For the frosting; beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla and apricot jam till a good consistency forms. If you would like to add colouring to the frosting like orange pictured (1 part red, 2 parts yellow) this is the time to do it.
- Place frosting in the fridge until cakes are completely cooled. Use a piping bag with a large jagged nozzle for the effect in the picture. Add any extra decorations for the occasion.