Removing Carpet Stains with Vinegar!2013 March 12 | Words by Samantha Jones |
The power of vinegar on unsightly carpet stains!
Carpet stains are an unfortunate part of everyday living and can occur to even the most fastidiously clean among us. A beautiful cream carpet can be instantly tarnished with one little spill, but all is not hopeless thanks to a simple, smart home remedy that will ensure you don’t end up emptying you bank account hiring professional carpet cleaners to come and rectify the unsightly spill.
By using a combination of common household vinegar, water, and a little finesse, you’ll be removing tough carpet stains (caused by common offenders like alcohol, perfume, soda and coffee) as swiftly as they occurred with just a few simple steps!
- Fold around five to eight clean paper towels into a square stack.
- Acquire a clean water spray bottle and pour one part white vinegar with two parts cold water into the bottle, seal tightly and shake well.
- Before applying to stain, test solution on an inconspicuous part of the carpet by spraying the vinegar and blotting it dry to make sure there is no discolouration.
- On the stained area of carpet, use the paper towels to extract excess liquid from the area in question.
- Spray a generous proportion of mixture onto the stain, allowing it to soak into the stain for a few seconds.
- Press the stack of paper towels directly onto the stain and blot, allowing the staining ingredient to absorb into the paper towels.
- Continue this spray and blot method with the vinegar solution until the stain is removed.
- Allow the carpet to dry before walking on damp area. The vinegars aroma should fade away as it evaporates and dries.