Eggcellent Poaching!2013 June 19 | Words by Samantha Jones |
Poached EggsJune 19, 2013
Tricky to master but delightful to consume, the poached egg is a breakfast favourite and arguably the healthiest and tastiest way to enjoy your eggs. All you need to make them is a shallow saucepan with cover and a slotted spoon.
- Bring a saucepan of water till it is almost at boil. If the water starts to boil lower the heat until it is no longer boiling.
- Add two teaspoons of vinegar to the water. This will help the egg whites to congeal more easily.
- Placing them into the water one by one, crack each into a small cup and place near the surface gently dropping each into the water. Use a spoon to nudge the egg whites closer to the yolks.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pan and let sit for four minutes or until the egg whites are cooked.
- Remove eggs from pan with a slotted spoon and enjoy.